Thursday 23 January 2014

Master’s blog, stardate 2014.23

It has been a long time since Christmas but your Master has been busy.  The carol service at St Mary-at-Hill was well attended by many Conservators and other groups that are associated with the church, which was full.  I read the first lesson (Genesis 3 1-15).  The choir was excellent.  A sumptuous buffet with mulled wine followed.

On Friday 10th Jan 2014 I attended the City New Years’ service in St Michaels Cornhill where again a full house in the presence of the Lord Mayor took part in a wonderful service.  Tuesday 14th saw me in London with the Clerk to attend the Plaisterers’ Dinner as a guest of the Master Plaisterer.  The following morning the Clerk and I visited Trinity House to discuss details of the Myddelton lunch.  Much of my time in the last month has been taken up with preparing for the Myddelton service and lunch.  On the Thursday I attended my Master’s Committee which was productive.  The printing of Reflections is all but complete and we are pressing ahead with developing the schools programme and this year’s project of writing Perspectives.  Information about what Perspectives is all about will be on the website within days of me writing this.  I do hope that the idea leads to Conservators making a contribution.  An important point is that the intention is to run this permanently as a record of our experience and thoughts so we will have flexibility of topic and opinion as time progresses.  All of this could make interesting reading in the years ahead.  I cannot think of a better or simpler way of recording and disseminating our experience, especially good practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment