Monday 3 March 2014

Master’s blog, stardate 2014.62

I was in London on 19th February and twice last week.  On the 19th I attended a ‘white tie’ dinner at the Guildhall to mark the granting of a Royal Charter to the Honourable Company of Air Pilots, which is a new name for them too.  The principle guest was Prince Philip.  It was a special evening.  I am still without the Master’s Pendant which is a nuisance.  Last week I attended the Wet 10 meeting on 24th and managed to stay seated despite being not all impressed with the main event, (Marj. would have been pleased that I kept quiet).  The networking after the main event was the better part of the evening and very enjoyable.


By way of a marked contrast I attended an informal dinner on Wednesday 26th of the London Group of the Livery Company of Wales.  There was plenty of discussion and NO singing.  The Master and Clerk of the Livery Company of Wales along with a number of liverymen had come up from Cardiff.  It was nice to spend time in a place dominated by Welsh voices that were mainly of South Wales origin.

No comments:

Post a Comment