Friday 25 April 2014

Master’s blog, Stardate 2014.115

The Election Court held on April 16th marked the beginning of my count-down (so I thought) to the next Installation Court in July.  I am pleased that our Master-elect and his three Wardens have been elected, they are already planning ahead.  I am looking forward to the Installation Court on 02nd July.  At the well-attended Election lunch in the elegant Cutler’s Hall our principal guest was Ms July Ling Wong CBE who is highly regarded in the social and environmental world and would like to help us develop our schools programme.  Leading and learning from the future as it emerges leads to many surprises, Judy is one such emergent surprise.  I hope that a good relationship will develop between the Master’s committee and Judy.

On St George’s day the Clerk and I attended the annual lunch at Watermen’s Hall when the Watermen and Lightermen celebrated the English Saint.  There were red roses for everyone.  The Masters and Clerks were seated on separate tables which was an interesting approach.  Masters of about 40 old and modern companies were well mixed up.  I was sitting between the Master Girdler and the Master Management Consultant with the Master Coachmaker and Master Wax Chandler opposite.  It was an excellent 14-hour day which left me exhausted on the day following.  We share our beadle with the Watermen so it was pleasing to here Mr Beadle’s fine voice, he looked after me throughout the day.

This Master business is tough.  At the 100 Club lunch next week I have been told that I will be the Senior Master attending since the other Masters will be from Company numbers 103 to 110.  So I will be on my feet again when I had thought that I was finished with all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment