Thursday 19 June 2014

Master’s blog, Stardate 2014.170

Preparatory work is now focussed on the Installation Lunch at Carpenters Hall; I would say that from my now relatively detached viewpoint everything is in hand.  I attended the Master’ Reception at the Firefighters yesterday at Winchester House which was the former home of Sir Eyre Massey Shaw who was the first Chief Fire Officer of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade.  A goodly number of Masters enjoyed a short presentation on the history of the house, followed by a tour of the firefighters’ museum where their interesting display includes an elm water conduit.  I suggested to our guide that this might well be a ‘Myddelton’ pipe from the early 17th century.  It looked to me as if it was a complete pipe.  The Master of the Firefighters, Mrs Beryl Jeffrey, completes her year just 2 days after I complete mine.  We have met a great many times during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment